How’s everything going? Well, I hope!
If it’s not going that well, worry not, because I’ve got a bangin’ new recipe to share with you all, which will totally improve your otherwise poopy day.
On the other hand, if you’re having the best day ever so far, buckle up because things are about to get even better.
Tofu Noodles Soup: crispy tofu covered in a sweet & spicy creamy sauce, mixed with shiitake mushrooms, red bell pepper and rice noodles: can it get any better?
Oh yes, let me tell you more. This dish? Oh, it might look all fancy-schmancy with that gado gado sauce and all that jazz.
The truth? It’s so easy to make that your poor student soul will not feel a bit of remorse when choosing to have gado gado for dinner for the 45th time in a week.
That’s a lot of dinners, you say.
But that’s how good these noodles are.
The steps are simple enough that even if you live in a constant stress-induced state of despair & desolation, you will mbe able to push through, boil those noodles, lightly fry that tofu and whisk a couple of ingredients to make the sauce that you never knew you needed but won’t be able to live without from now on.
That’s gado gado sauce for you, my friends.
At least, my easy peasy lemon squeezy version, hey! I can imagine that the real deal is probably wayyyyyy more delish and those of you who have actually experienced the goodness of a traditional gado gado sauce are now rolling your eyes at me hardcore.
Sorry about that, but when the deadline hit and the time runs short, this quick but delicious fix will do.
Especially when it’s so quick to make thanks to the new Ecomil Thai coconut milk. It hasn’t been on the market for a long, long while, but let me tell you how obsessed with it I am already!! It’s creamy, deliciously spiced and also free of nasties.
A wholesome option for those of us who enjoy a quick fix of noodles but could do without all of the aditives and whatnot. Give it a go if you enjoy Asian-inspired cuisine!
Now, I should really really walk my Tofu Noodles Soup recipe! Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Crispy Gado Gado Tofu Noodles Soup Recipe!
- 250 grams smoked tofu
- 300 grams shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 150 grams broccoli florets
- 150 grams rice noodles, dry
- 200 mililitres Ecomil Thai coconut cream
- 60 grams chunky peanut butter
- juice from half a lime
- 1/4 tsp. tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- fresh cilantro to garnish
Instructions For Tofu Noodles Soup Recipe!
- Start by boiling the noodles according to directions on package.
- Chop onion, pepper and shiitake mushrooms.
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- If you wish, you can quickly soften the broccoli in the microwave for 4-5 minutes. Should you skip this step, make sure that the broccoli florets are smaller so they cook faster.
- Heat some coconut oil in a saucepan and add onion.
- Sautee on low for 5 minutes and then add the rest of vegetables.
- Sautee for 4-5 minutes on medium and add the tofu cubes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by whisking all of the ingredients in a jar. You may add a bit more of salt if soy sauce is not enough.
- When tofu is golden and crispy and vegetables are soft, add the sauce and simmer mixture for about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles and enjoy!
Read more: Chicken Machaca Recipe