Okay. If you’ve been religiously reading this blog for the past two months or so, first, let me say thank you, because it’s nice having someone other my girlfriend reading what I write.
Secondly, you probably know by now that I’ve been really into Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes lately.
Like, really, really into it. Quite as much as I’m into GoT, which is to say: hella lot.
Also, if you’ve ever gone to a health store of some kind… you know that dairy free white chocolate is expensive. So expensive. Is it white chocolate or gold in bar form we’re talking about!!!! Not fair. No bueno for my broke student budget. Still muy bueno for the soul.
Can’t help it. White chocolate goes brilliantly with anything Strawberry crunch cupcakes flavoured, which I’m also so into.
It’s a good thing that strawberries are that cheap this time of the year, because I’ve been eating tons and I mean literal tons of them.
This version here is also dairy-free (yay) and made with coconut sugar so it’s healthier. Mine tasted like hazelnuts as I went for powdered hazlenut milk, but you could try other versions as well using almond powder or any other one.
Note that I wasn’t much of a fan of the soy milk version, as it tasted way too artificial for me.
Not in the deliciously artificial way that actual white chocolate does… it was more like plastic. No bueno. No bueno at all.
Read more: Strawberry Oreo Crunch Pound Cake
As you know, I’ve been loving pastel colours lately (not on my clothes though – black all the way), so I had to add some strawberry bits to the bars so make them all glamourous and enticing. I just love strawberries. Have I mentioned it yet?
Dried strawberries go super well here as they add a lovely, lovely crunch and the slightest hint of tartness. They complement the bars amazingly!
Plus, if you don’t get to blend the coconut sugar super well, they help masquerade the crunch from the sugar granules.
Still, this crunch isn’t much of a problem, but if you think it’s going to bother you, feel free to sub in powderded sugar.
Fabulous as strawberries are, I wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to try more combos. I’m guessing things like orange rind, vanilla, cinnamon or winter spices would work super well!
I can’t wait to get back in the kitchen and experiment some more. This is a canvas recipe and a fun one to experiment with!
The mix of fresh Strawberry crunch cupcakes and white chocolate provide this cake the best flavor and also appearance. Plus, it’s sure to impress your loved ones! Give it a try on your own and see what you assume.
Hope you guys will love it as much as I do!
Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes White Chocolate Bar Recipe
- 250 grams raw cocoa butter
- 140 grams coconut sugar
- 25 grams powdered hazelnut milk
- 40 grams dried strawberries
- a pinch of vanilla powder (ground vanilla beans)
- 1-2 drops beet juice (optional)
- To ensure that the chocolate is not too grainy, grind both hazenut milk and coconut sugar until they’re reduced to a fine powder. You can use a coffee grinder for this.
- If you wish to skip this step, use powdered sugar instead.
- Using a double boiler (or alternatively a bowl placed inside a saucepan), melt cocoa butter.
- Add in sugar and powdered milk and whisk until completely smooth.
- If you want a pink-ish chocolate, separate the mixture in two bowls and add some pink food colouring to one of them (beet juice in this case, but artificial stuff would work too).
- Swirl the pink mixture into the plain one.
- Chop the dried strawberries into small pieces and add them to the chocolate mixture.
- Add in the vanilla powder if using too.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mould and chill it for 6-7 hours.
Not all cocoa butter is edible, so make sure it’s food grade before you buy it. You can use any kind of powdered milk you fancy, but in my experience, it’s powdered nut milks which work best.
Soy milk adds a weird aftertaste. For a fancier chocolate bar, add chopped nuts, cinnamon and any other spices of your choice.
Read more: Greek Salad Sandwich Recipe