The Spirulina blue-green micro algae are acknowledged as a natural superfood consumed by the Aztecs millennia ago.
They’re incredibly rich in protein, but also contain a wide number of trace minerals, vitamins and carotenoids.
The healthy seaweed forms a unique antioxidant combination that protects cells from collapsing and is found in no other food.
Spirulina’s compounds include also gamma linolenic fatty acid and essential amino acids. The miraculous algae food can give a powerful push to balance your entire organism, by fighting illnesses, allergies, immune disorders, infections and gastroenterological problems.
The reason for the alga’s properties is the ability to increase the production of antibodies, infection-fighting proteins and other immunity boosting cells.
The natural plant supplement has an odd taste, which some people find hard to get used to.
If you’re one of them, you can consider using the algae as a vital ingredient in some exquisite meal recipes or awesome drinks, because cooking with Spirulina is healthy and it can definitely be delicious.
Our top 5 Spirulina recipes:
Super Food Pizza Recipes For Spirulina
- 1 TB Hawaiian Spirulina
- Non-GMO pre made corn meal crust
- Vegan Cheese (or regular shredded)
- 1/2 Head of Broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 Head of Cauliflower
- Oregano (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup of Green Beans
- Two Diced Organic Tomatoes
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Spread all the other ingredients (excluding the Spirulina) on the crust
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes (until cheese is bubbling and slightly browned)
- Let the pizza cool for a couple minutes and spread the Hawaiian Spirulina on top
- Enjoy the result!
Spirulina Pumpkin Seed Smoothie with Cacao Nibs
- 1 tbsp of Spirulina powder
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped (and peeled if not organic)
- 2 cups leafy green of your choice (spinach, romaine lettuce, etc.)
- 2 tbsp of organic, raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 zucchini squash, chopped (for a splendid creamy taste!)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil /coconut butter or almond butter
- 2 full drops of vanilla liquid stevia
- 2 cups of large ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond mick ice cubes
- 1 or 2 tsp raw cacao nibs (garnish)
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder or use hemp seeds or chia seeds instead of pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to your blender (if you don’t have a blender, you have to cut everything into very small pieces and supplement with a 1 cup of additional liquid)
- When everything is blended, pour the consistency into 2 glass jars and consume as a meal substitute or an early breakfast.
- For serving sprinkle with some cacao nibs and pumpkin seeds.
- Experience a great energetic feeling from the healthy drink!
- 1 teaspoon Spirulina
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 clove ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mingle the Spirulina with the garlic
- Add the soy sauce and the lemon juice, then mix well everything with a fork
- Stir in the olive oil and it’s all done
- The paste is delicious and is a fine complement to crackers, toasts, chips and other foods
Spirulina Summer Smoothie
- 1 tbsp Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica powder
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 and a half or 2 cups rice milk
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- Add a serving of your favorite summer fruit (cherries, water melon, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apricots, pear, nectarines, grapes etc.) Overall feel free to try with whatever fruits you have available
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until you have a homogeneous consistency
- Enjoy the health!
Tofu Salad with Spirulina
- 1 piled teaspoon Hawaiian Spirulina Powder
- 2 tomatoes
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 spring onions, nicely chopped
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 stalks celery
- Hot pepper sauce or cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Generous pinch of basil, thyme, and marjoram
- 1 medium grated carrot
- 1 bell pepper (red or green)
- Simply mix all the ingredients together. If you don’t have these certain veggies, you can put whatever you decide, the result will undoubtedly be a salutary vitamin bomb!