Perhaps you are quite new to cooking fish and wondering where to begin. There are lots of cooking methods for fish, such as grilling, poaching, or steaming, and lots of types of fish, so no wonder picking one out might be confusing.
One of the tastiest fish has to be cod and one of the simplest cooking methods is pan-frying, so in the following Pan Fried Cod Fillet Recipe we will be pan-frying cod filets for brilliant results.
This recipe features garlic and lemon, to add aromatic flavors, and you can team the cod with broccoli, green beans, rice, potatoes, or any other side dish you like. Check the cod for bones before you cook it.
Although technically a filet is boneless you can still find the occasional bone, so run your fingers along the filet to see if you can feel any. If so, just pick them out.
The gentle flavors in this easy cod recipe give it a homemade charm.
Although crispy deep-fried fish and chips are always good, pan-frying the fish gives it a different result and this cooking method is very simple, even for cooking novices, since you can keep a close eye on the cod filet as it cooks and see when it is done.
Pan Fried Cod Fillet Recipe
- 1¼ lbs cod filet.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 3 tablespoons butter or oil.
- ¼ cup dry white wine.
- 1 minced shallot.
- 1 minced garlic clove.
- Salt and black pepper, to taste.
- 2 portions cooked rice, to serve.
- Lemon slices and parsley sprigs, for garnish.
Instructions For Pan Fried Cod Fillet Recipe
- Sprinkle some salt and black pepper on one side of the cod and press it in.
- Sauté the shallots and garlic in the butter or oil with a pinch of salt, stirring now and then, until the shallots start to brown.
- Add the cod to the pan, seasoned side down, on top of the garlic and shallots.
- Sauté the cod for 2 or 3 minutes, or until it is golden underneath.
- Turn it over with a wide spatula, and then add the lemon juice and white wine to the pan to cover the fish.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- When the fish is opaque in the center and will flake when you press on it, it is cooked through.
- Divide it in half and serve with some of the wine broth spooned over the top.
- Serve with rice and garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs.
This easy pan fried cod fillet recipe combines with aromatic ingredients and results in a splendid meal for two.
Fish is a healthy option and you can add a green vegetable on the side to make the dish even more nutritious.
If you have been shying away from making cod fish recipes because of a lack of easy recipes then give this one a try. You will agree it is very straightforward to put together.
To simplify it even further, forget the shallots, garlic, lemon juice, and wine, and simply add salt and black pepper to the fish and sauté it in a little butter or oil on both sides until done.
Read more: Achari Aloo Recipe