Is it just me, or is that commercial for H-E-B’s Primo Pick Better Than Good Bacon Jam recipe all over the TV lately? You know, the one with Jam Maker Extraordinaire, Milly, and how she knows her “Better than Good Bacon Jam?”
Well, seeing these commercials everywhere got me thinking about a recipe I created once upon a time using the Better Than Good Bacon Jam, and I wanted to share it again.
Just thinking about this Bacon Jam Glazed Pork Loin gets my mouth watering. Oh man. It was so good. So good, in fact, that I couldn’t wait to re-share it!
The bacon jam becomes slightly sweet, but remains perfectly bacony. The flavors from the jam paired with the roasted pork are like a match made in cooking heaven!
I hope you enjoy it!
Bacon Jam Recipe Easy
- 2.5 lb pork loin
- 1 jar of Better Than Good Bacon Jam (I found it at H-E-B)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F
- Thinly coat the loin with oil, salt and pepper, and sear all sides in a hot pan on the stove, until the meat is caramelized.
- Remove the meat from the pan, and coat every single surface of the meat with the bacon jam. Place in the roasting pan and into the oven.
- Cook the meat 15 minutes at 475 degrees F.
- After 15 minutes, bring the temp down to 375 degrees F. Allow to cook for another 30 minutes. Check the temperature. Remember the magic number is 145 degrees F.
- If it’s fewer than 145 degrees, put it back in for a few more minutes.
- Once the internal temp is between 145 and 150, remove the meat from the oven and let rest for 10 – 15 minutes before slicing.